Once in a blue moon… I make a new meal that the ENTIRE family devours. Folks, this is one of those meals. This slow cooker honey garlic chicken is sweet, a teensy bit spicy, and packed full of flavor. My 20 month old probably ate about a pound of it.
This recipe is part of an AMAZING slow cooker dump meal plan!
Best of all, this is a ‘dump recipe’. What I mean by that is that you just dump all the ingredients in the slow cooker and then turn it on. And there really aren’t many ingredients either…
I mean, I could do a step-by-step with pictures along the way, but why? You literally just throw it in the slow cooker, and then shred with a fork when it’s done.
This recipe lends itself for a perfect freezer meal too!
And if you like this one, you might be interested in 40 other slow cooker dump recipes that are AMAZING!
So here’s the super easy recipe:
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1 - 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1.5 tsp fresh ginger or 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic pressed or minced
- A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes or 1 tsp if you like it spicy
- Place chicken in the crockpot.
- Add all other ingredients on top and mix.
- Cook on medium for 6 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- Shred with forks or a potato masher.
- Serve over rice and top with chopped green onions.
Have you grabbed my Chaos to Control Starter Guide, yet? I might be biased but I think its pretty amazing! Check it out!