Dump Recipes are my favorite recipes to make as a busy mom of four. Not only do they save me time and money, but they can be amazingly delicious. This Crockpot Chicken Verde is one of my favorite recipes for taco night, we’ve all but said goodbye to ground beef tacos now!
Yes it’s green, but my kids ate this up no problem! This Slow Cooker Verde Chicken is so good and so easy to put together.
Ok back to the recipe at hand…
Now, I could have used the usual boneless skinless chicken breasts for this dish, but to be honest, I’m kinda over that. Yes I do have plenty of recipes that use boneless skinless chicken breasts, but chicken thighs are just better IMO. They’re cheaper, have more flavor, and it’s so hard to overcook them!
That’s why they are perfect for the slow cooker and especially a bold latin-inspired dish like this one. In case you couldn’t guess, it’s called verde chicken because it’s green. Green tomatillo-based salsa, cilantro, and lime juice. All green. And all very good too… add some garlic, chicken bouillon, cumin and that’s all she wrote folks.
Oh – and the absolute best part of this recipe? It’s part of an AMAZING slow cooker meal plan where you will create 20 meals for about $160 in under 3 hours!
Top it however you’d like, serve it in tortillas, over rice, top with tortilla chips, or just eat it plain. It works in so many ways.
And if you like this slow cooker verde chicken recipe, you might be interested in 40 other slow cooker dump recipes that are AMAZING!
Here is the Slow Cooker Verde Chicken Recipe:
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Juice from 1 large lime or 1-2 Tbsp
- 3 cloves garlic minced or pressed (or 1 Tbsp jarred minced garlic)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro measured prior to chopping, chopped finely
- 12 oz. green tomatillo salsa
- Place chicken thighs in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients on top.
- Cook on high for 4 hours (or medium for 6, low for 8)
- Break apart chicken and serve however you'd like (in tortillas, over rice, with tortilla chips).
If you are looking for some other favorite recipes, here are a few of our family favorites:
Have you grabbed my Chaos to Control Starter Guide, yet? I might be biased but I think it’s pretty amazing! Check it out!