Sometimes the best things in life are covered with cheese and garlic! That’s the complete truth when it comes to this chicken. It’s delicious and so easy to prepare.
I’ve made this cheese more than once and the kids never complain. Even people who don’t like cream cheese (how is this possible?!) adore this dish because they just can’t get over how creamy the cheese sauce is.
The pasta I used is not in the ingredients picture, but I wanted to let you know that I found a new kind of pasta and I kind of love it. It’s not gluten-free, so if that’s important to you then just stick with your favorite GF pasta. Barilla Pronto pasta is amazing for busy dinnertime routines. It doesn’t cook separately. You just cook it right in the sauce with everything else.
For this recipe, I made this update to use a quicker cooking pasta. I removed the chicken and stirred the pasta into the slow cooker sauce. I put the lid back on and continued cooking on high for 10 more minutes. It was perfect and I didn’t have to dirty another pot!
This recipe is so easy to make ahead of time, freeze, and then just dump in the slow cooker for an easy weeknight meal. Just throw everything in a freezer bag and lay it flat to freeze. When you’re ready to cook it, move the frozen bag to the refrigerator the night before. It will be almost thawed when you place it in the slow cooker. Boom! Cook it on high for 4 hours and dinner is served.
And if you like this one, you might be interested in 40 other slow cooker dump recipes that are AMAZING!
Creamy Crockpot Garlic Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- pasta 8 - 12 oz
- mozzarella cheese
- parsley optional
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker pot.
- Top with ricotta and cream cheese.
- Pour the water, bouillon, oil, garlic, rosemary, basil, thyme, oregano, and ground pepper over the chicken.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- When the chicken is about 30 minutes before being fully cooked, prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the pan. Stir the liquid and cheeses together until smooth.
- Serve the chicken over the pasta. Top with sauce, mozzarella, and parsley.
Have you grabbed my Chaos to Control Starter Guide, yet? I might be biased but I think it’s pretty amazing! Check it out!