Meatloaf is one of the greatest comfort foods on the planet. And I’ve got the perfect recipe for you. Best of all, this is a crockpot meatloaf recipe, so it could not get any easier.
And this is like “out-of-this-world” good. Let me put it this way – if Ralphie’s little brother from ‘A Christmas Story’ was served this meatloaf instead of his mother’s, he would have devoured it without having to be tricked into eating “like the piggies eat”.
All of my kids were eating this Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe last night – even my very picky 6 year-old Hannah. In fact, she said, “Mom, this is the best kind of meat that I’ve ever seen. Or tasted too.”
Be warned though – there are some BOLD flavors here. Many recipes use a mix of pork, veal, and beef. But this recipe does better – ground beef and Italian sausage!
Between that, the BBQ sauce and a great blend of spices, your family will be having seconds.
Start by mixing the BBQ sauce with the tomato sauce. This mixture ends up being a nice savory & sweet alternative to the usual ketchup. You will use half of this sauce to mix in with the meat and spices, and the other half will be poured on top.
Get your hands dirty and mix it all together!
Form it into a loaf and pour the remaining sauce on top.
4 hours later, THIS is what you got. Amen.
And if you like this one, you might be interested in 40 other slow cooker dump recipes that are AMAZING!
Slowcooker BBQ Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb italian sausage loose or removed from casing
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper of any color finely chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Mix BBQ sauce and tomato sauce in a small bowl.
- Combine all ingredients and half of the sauce mixture in a large bowl and mix well.
- Shape into a loaf and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Pour remaining sauce mixture over the top.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Take out of slow cooker and let rest on a cookie sheet or cutting board for a few minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Have you grabbed my Chaos to Control Starter Guide, yet? I might be biased but I think its pretty amazing! Check it out!