Why order Chinese Take-out when this Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Chicken is just as good! And putting it together is SO easy! Don’t get scared by the word “spicy” in the title and the red pepper flakes in the photo, you can make this as mild or as spicy as you want.
But this is just too good. It’s got a nice thick sauce that mixes perfectly with the rice. This will be a hit for your family for sure!
Remember that when you drain the pineapple chunks, keep some of the pineapple juice! you will want about 1/2 cup to put in the slow cooker with everything else.
Now there is a small step at the end, but that’s almost a requirement if you want a thick sauce. I just haven’t found a way to thicken sauces in the slow cooker without having that extra step at the end. And honestly, it will take you literally less than 5 minutes.
And if you like this one, you might be interested in 40 other slow cooker dump recipes that are AMAZING!
Spicy Pineapple Chicken
- 2 boneless skinles chicken breasts cubed, about 1.5 - 2 lbs total
- 1 can pineapple chunks 15 oz, drained with juice set aside
- 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
- 1/2 red pepper cut into chunks
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes or less if you don't like the "spicy"
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves of garlic minced or pressed (or 2 tsp minced jarred garlic)
- 2 Tbsp chili sauce either sweet chili or sirracha (depending on how hot you want it 🙂
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch + 1/2 cup cold water
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker, except the cornstarch and water.
- Cook on high for 4 hours (or medium for 6, or low for 8).
- In a small sauce pan, whisk the cornstarch and water.
- Heat sauce pan over medium heat while occasionally whisking.
- Add 2/3 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker to the pan and whisk together until it thickens up.
- Place thickened liquid into the slow cooker and stir in well.
- Serve over white rice.
Have you grabbed my Chaos to Control Starter Guide, yet? I might be biased but I think its pretty amazing! Check it out!